Section 1: Membership Qualification
UIC shall have a regular voting membership program. The term of membership is for one calendar year and must be renewed annually according to the schedule set by the BoD.
Section 2: Eligibility to become a member
1. Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
2. Be a Muslim;
3. Reside within a 15 miles radius of the UIC facility;
4. In full agreement with the purpose and tenets of UIC;
5. Complete a membership form and pay membership dues of $50 monthly
Section 3: Withdrawals and Dismissals
1. A membership lapse is deemed a voluntary withdrawal
2. Members may voluntarily withdraw by submitting such request in writing to the BoD;
3. A violation of any one of the membership requirements set out in Article 4 Section 2 can result in a membership dismissal by a 2⁄3 vote of the BoD.
Section 4: Voting Rights
1. Regular members in good standing have voting rights.
2. Each voting member shall be entitled to only one vote.
3. New members shall not have voting rights until 180 days (6months) have elapsed since their joining and payment of dues whichever comes last.
4. In the event that the membership is delinquent for more than sixty (60) days, then they shall be considered as new members and the Voting Rights criteria of ARTICLE Section 4.4 shall apply.
SECTION 5: MEMBERSHIP DUES (FEES)
A nominal, annual membership fee used for the benefit of the community will be set by BOD. The membership fee may be changed from time to time by the BoD. Members can request a waiver of the membership dues only on grounds of financial hardship.
By becoming a member, you are directly supporting and impacting yourself and the community served by the UIC programs and services. In addition to:
1. 50% discount for facilities rental (minimum savings of $100)
2. Invitation and voting rights at the Annual General Assembly Meeting
3. Board Members Nomination
4. Serving on Executive Committee & Board of Directors
5. Special invitations for “members only” (Dinner with guests and scholars, etc).